Incorporating Your Business, with Cherry Chan – LifeStyle Housing
In this episode, Cherry discusses when, why and how to operate your real estate portfolio in a corporation and the different structures available.
– The biggest tax mistake that people make is they don’t incorporate early.
– The reasons you may want to incorporate.
– Specified investment income and how it’s different from an active business.
– Money in your pocket today is worth a lot more than the money in ten years.
– Different corporate structures and when they might make sense.
– Move funds, protect yourself and grow faster with a holding company.
– The downsides to using a corporation…and it can be time consuming.
– Timing matters
The Everyday Investor (2016) – Show 11 “Student Rentals”
Show notes: Examining different real estate investment strategies with host Rav Toor. On this episode: Investing in student rentals with guests Cherry Chan, Roger Auger, Evelyn LaMarsh. Originally aired: June 13, 2016.